£10.00 – £115.00
You are warmly invited to join us for a 10-week term of choir singing, led by Hannah Brine.
Rehearsals will be every Wednesday at Lauriston School from 7pm to 8.30pm, beginning on 19th January, with a break for half term, and a Saturday rehearsal on 12 March from 1pm to 2.30pm (see below for dates). There will be an end-of-term performance on Wednesday 30th March at St John of Jerusalem Church, Hackney.
Repertoire will include a range of styles in 3-4 part harmony. There are no auditions and all singers are welcome.
The plan is to work towards an end of term concert, however, we realise a degree of flexibility during the pandemic will be required.
Please buy a ticket for the section you sing in. If you are unsure which voice part you are we can help you at your first rehearsal – just select either if you don’t know. If your voice part has sold out, please email email@example.com.
For the safety of all, please ensure you read all the way down so you are comfortable with recommendations.
Lauriston School, 55 Rutland Road, London E9 7JS
Wednesdays, 7pm to 8.30pm
January 19th, 26th
February 2nd, 9th, (no rehearsal on 16th), 23rd
March 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd, plus Saturday 12th March from 1pm to 2.30pm
- 10 choir rehearsals
- Sheet music/lyrics for all songs (which we will supply)
- Rehearsal mp3s where appropriate
If you are in a position to contribute a little more to subsidise our bursary scheme, we would be grateful.
We do not want cost to be a barrier to participation. If you would like to apply for our bursary please complete this form.
If covid restrictions mean we cannot meet in person any remaining rehearsals will be via zoom.
Questions and answers
Q: Who can join? The choir is open to anyone. You don’t need to be able to read music. Teaching tracks (mp3s) will both be provided electronically.
Q: What precautions will take place? Please see below all precautions singers must take to stay safe.
Q: I’m going to miss a couple of the sessions – is it still OK to come? Yes. So long as you practice at home using the scores and mp3s, that is fine.
Q: Will there be a performance? Yes, there will be an end-of-term performance.
Q: Who is Hannah Brine? For those of you who have not met Hannah please watch the BBC’s video of us and our leader Hannah Brine’s Unsung Hero award
Q: How do I book? Please book by selecting your voice part and following the steps through the checkout process. You will be sent all the information you need by email (please keep an eye out in your ‘junk’ and ‘spam’ folders.)
Q: Will there be a break in the middle? For now, we feel that it is safer if we discourage mingling. There will be reduced rehearsal time and no break for mingling to ensure the safety of our singers.
By taking part in this session you agree that:
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home.
- You will wear a face mask (unless exempt or government guidelines state otherwise) when not sitting down/ in your allocated singing space (masks can be removed for singing unless you prefer otherwise)
- Sanitise your hands on arrival
- Face forwards at all times (no chatting to the rows behind you, sorry!)
- Maintain a 1m distance between other singers
- You will not mingle inside or outside of the venue
- If the government guidelines change and we are no longer able to meet, we will move to outdoors or online via Zoom.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) If the government guidelines change and we are no longer able to meet, we will move to outdoors or online via Zoom.
2) There are no refunds on membership fees.
2) Singers should be able to commit to attending 70% or more of rehearsals and are asked to sign the register at rehearsals each week.
3) We normally perform without music. Singers are asked to put in the appropriate amount of time outside of rehearsals to memorise words and learn your parts. There is usually a little bit of homework each week to revise a couple of songs to ensure we are making progress at each rehearsal. MP3s of parts are supplied to help with learning.
4) Singers are required to ensure they read the weekly newsletter and communicate with us regarding any additional resources or learning.