£10.00 – £120.00
You are warmly invited to join us for a 10-week term of choir singing, led by Hannah Brine.
Rehearsals will be every Wednesday at Lauriston School from 7pm to 8.30pm, beginning on 21st September with a break for half term, working towards an end-of-term performance on Wednesday 7th December.
Repertoire will include a range of styles in 3-4 part harmony. There are no auditions and all singers are welcome.
Please buy a ticket for the section you sing in. If you are unsure which voice part you are we can help you at your first rehearsal – just select either if you don’t know. If your voice part has sold out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lauriston School, 55 Rutland Road, London E9 7JS
Wednesdays, 7pm to 8.30pm
September 21st, 28th
October 5th, 12th, 19th (no rehearsal on 26th)
November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
End-of-term concert on Wednesday 7th December
- 10 choir rehearsals
- Sheet music/lyrics for all songs (which we will supply)
- Rehearsal mp3s where appropriate
If you are in a position to contribute a little more to subsidise our bursary scheme, we would be grateful.
We do not want cost to be a barrier to participation. If you would like to apply for our bursary please complete this form.
If covid restrictions mean we cannot meet in person any remaining rehearsals will be via zoom.
Questions and answers
Q: Who can join? The choir is open to anyone. You don’t need to be able to read music. Teaching tracks (mp3s) will both be provided electronically.
Q: What precautions will take place? Please see below all precautions singers should take to stay safe.
Q: I’m going to miss a couple of the sessions – is it still OK to come? Yes. So long as you practice at home using the scores and mp3s, that is fine.
Q: Will there be a performance? Yes, there will be an end-of-term performance.
Q: Who is Hannah Brine? For those of you who have not met Hannah please watch the BBC’s video of us and our leader Hannah Brine’s Unsung Hero award
Q: How do I book? Please book by selecting your voice part and following the steps through the checkout process. You will be sent all the information you need by email (please keep an eye out in your ‘junk’ and ‘spam’ folders.)
- Doors and windows will be open where possible / practicable to increase ventilation
- Face coverings are not required but you are welcome to wear one on arrival / departure / whilst singing if you wish
- Please use the space available and spread out where possible / practicable- If you think you could be infectious with something that other people would not want to catch (e.g. Covid, flu) then please do not attend a rehearsal – e.g. if you have been in close contact with someone with Covid or flu in the days before a rehearsal or are feeling unwell
- If you are able to take a lateral flow test before rehearsals as an extra safeguard then please do so, but this is not mandatory
- Please be sensitive to the needs, concerns or medical vulnerabilities of other singers and give other people more space if they request it
- If you have a particular concern or are medically vulnerable, please let Hannah know
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) If the government guidelines change and we are no longer able to meet, we will move to outdoors or online via Zoom.
2) There are no refunds on membership fees.
2) Singers should be able to commit to attending 70% or more of rehearsals and are asked to sign the register at rehearsals each week.
3) We normally perform without music. Singers are asked to put in the appropriate amount of time outside of rehearsals to memorise words and learn your parts. There is usually a little bit of homework each week to revise a couple of songs to ensure we are making progress at each rehearsal. MP3s of parts are supplied to help with learning.
4) Singers are required to ensure they read the weekly newsletter and communicate with us regarding any additional resources or learning.
5) When you sign up to join a choir, you agree to Hannah Brine using your data for the purposes of communicating with you about choir matters plus forthcoming events and news about the choir and Hannah’s activities. Your contact details will also be shared with the section leader so that they can send information about section-specific events (e.g. sectionals). If you do not wish to have your contact details shared for these purposes please email email@example.com.