Rehearsals begin on Monday 3rd October. The dates for the Autumn term are as follows:
October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 31st (no rehearsal on 24th)
November 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
End-of-term performance on Monday 5th December
The cost for the Autumn term is £70 (rehearsals, music and end-of-term performance).
Is there an age limit?
There’s no upper age limit, but we can only take singers aged 18 and over at present.
What music will we be singing?
I aim to offer a really rich variety of music, from folk songs to classical, to pop, to jazz and everything else. As a conductor I am reactive to the size, abilities and tastes of the group — each choir should have its own personality which is a combination of yours and mine.
What practice will I need to do in between rehearsals?
You will need to put in a little bit of time (an hour a week, spread over 7 days, is less than 10 minutes a day) to memorise words etc. There is usually a little bit of homework to revise a couple of songs to ensure we are making progress at each rehearsal.
I’ve never sung before, can I join?
Everyone aged 18+ is welcome. There are no auditions and you don’t need to have any previous singing experience. You’ll find that you pick things up as you go along and develop skills naturally. If you’re not used to singing regularly you’ll see an improvement in your voice after your first month or so. We always spend 15 minutes at the start having a good vocal warm up which may also include things like a bit of sight-reading practice, some rhythm games, vocal techniques and ear training. If you are an experienced singer – great – I’ll be sure to throw some more challenging things your way and be really encouraging you to sing with good technique!
What are the Covid safeguards?
- Doors and windows will be open where possible / practicable to increase ventilation
- Face coverings are not required but you are welcome to wear one on arrival / departure / whilst singing if you wish
- Please use the space available and spread out where possible / practicable- If you think you could be infectious with something that other people would not want to catch (e.g. Covid, flu) then please do not attend a rehearsal – e.g. if you have been in close contact with someone with Covid or flu in the days before a rehearsal or are feeling unwell
- If you are able to take a lateral flow test before rehearsals as an extra safeguard then please do so, but this is not mandatory
- Please be sensitive to the needs, concerns or medical vulnerabilities of other singers and give other people more space if they request it
- If you have a particular concern or are medically vulnerable, please let Hannah know
Use of your data By signing up you give your consent for us to use the personal data you supply for the purposes of communicating with you about choir matters and occasional newsletters about Hannah Brine’s activities. If you do not wish to receive this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation policy Once your place is booked we do not offer refunds. If you would like to try the choir out first, please book a taster session. You will be sent a discount code to use to take the cost of your taster session off the term cost if you subsequently book for the same term.